Monthly Archives: April 2011
|04/27/2011||Posted by Jane under bits and pieces|
Hello Beautifuls ~
It’s hard to believe it has been a month since we spent the day together at the painting workshop. I’m smiling with delight tonight as I attach these precious pictures.
Frequently in my life, there have been times when I’ve wanted to give a gift, write a note, or make some gesture, and I have felt the need to find precisely the right sentiment, the gift that would be worthy of the occasion. Many times I’ve missed an opportunity that I so cherished, because I couldn’t find the words, or the gift that was right-enough. This occasion, I pray I will not miss. So, this is my letter to you.
Several years ago I began this journey … I can’t say, exactly, when it began, but at some point there was, perhaps, a tiny shift. I took a step in the direction of my dreams. One step after another, until I made it back to the Bower Center, there with you for this workshop.
This week I got to work with some dear friends at my mandala workshop. I taught them about mandalas, a practice Kay taught me several years ago, when my eyes and heart were just beginning to open. I updated them on what I’ve learned about Healing Touch, for which mom and Rebecca were some of my first volunteers.
This journey is amazing, powerful, and unpredictable. It’s the journey that led me to you, to this circle of beautiful, kind, supportive … incredibly strong women.
This week a dear and respected friend visited me in a dream. I told her about our time together. She smiled with perfect joy, and said “They aren’t your friends, they’re you’re creative tribe!” And so you are. As I’ve thought of you since our workshop, I’ve not been able to put a label on what I feel for your gift of presence, of open hearts, and of unconditional love for me and for my process.
Now I know ~ my Creative Tribe.
You are, and will always be, my Creative Tribe Mothers, whether we met for the first time on March 26, or whether you knew me even before I was born … and how sweet, my little sister, Julie is a Tribe Mother, too.
You are my confirmation that in giving we receive ~ and that “wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.”
- Thank you for trusting me.
- Thank you for opening your hearts to the images, colors, and emotions that arose.
- Thank you for trying to paint, even when you didn’t want to, even when you didn’t feel like it any more.
- Thank you for telling me that I made a difference, and thank you for making a difference, too.
- Thank you for painting where there was no grid.
- Thank you for painting of visitors you hadn’t expected to see on that day.
- Thank you for picking up a paintbrush for the first time in your life, and painting magnificent red flowers.
- Thank you for your tears, your laughter, your hugs … even the occasional profane slip … all part of our process.
- Thank you for sending me on my way, for letting me know that it’s okay, and that it’s good for me to continue this journey.
I’ve often wondered how I would know when it was my turn to acknowledge my tribe ~ my ever-expanding circle. I love the mystery and the magic it evokes! Thank you for your gifts. Thank you for helping me find my way.
So, for my Tribe Mothers, and all others who wish to have a place in the circle ~ join me in holding a space free from judgment, free from expectation, free from earthly fear and anguish. May the circle expand to embrace the world, each in our own way. Thank you for standing … for walking with me.
Please join me in sending healing prayers, full of red poppies, to Marie, and to Rebecca ~ and I send hugs and warmest love to each of you ~
Take special good care ~